Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?

One of my all-time favorite books is "Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are" By: Dr. Seuss. Seriously, all-time!

I was introduced to it when my niece was little and I would listen with her as her mom read it aloud.

It's pages are filled with examples and reasons, in true Seuss fashion, why we are so lucky. The message is clear whether your 7 or 27. And sometimes, probably more often than when I was 7, I need to be reminded just how fortunate I am.

"Thank goodness for all of the things you are not! Thank goodness you're not something someone forgot, and left all alone in some punkerish place like a rusty tin coat hanger hanging in space.

That's why I say "Duckie! Don't grumble! Don't stew! Some critters are much-much, oh, ever so much-much, so muchly much-much more unlucky than you!"

Sometimes you need a gentle, albeit silly reminder of just how very lucky you are to be you. Pick up this book, find it at the library or buy it at a children's bookstore. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Trishelle said...

Hi Skanooey!! I've stopped by your blog to say hello! What a beautiful point to read this morning. I'll be thinking about your comments all week long! Thanks for the reminder!

Trishelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.