Friday, January 8, 2010

Speechless

I understand it's hard to believe that I could ever be speechless, but I am. Or I should be. After 3 weeks of a sore throat I broke down and went to the doctor. I actually hoped for one of those "call the doctor and your sickness miraculously disappears" didn't happen. Instead I got some antibiotics and almost instantly got worse. My sore throat has been lingering because of a sinus infection and my symptoms worsened instead of improving with medication.

So, I'm at work with laryngitis. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to talk on the phone and the radio when your voice is barely above a whisper? And why is it that people think it's funny to whisper back at you?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

FINALLY! You post.

I completely understand how it is. I had it last year and had to up my text messages because that's all I had to communicate with. That stinks you have to go to work and it's frustrating cause you do eventually feel fine but there isn't a voice.

Take it easy, it does come back! I'm quite shocked it's taken you THIS long to get it! :p