Sunday, January 17, 2010

When skies are gray.

Lately I've been in quite the funk. I think many people get that way when the weather turns cold and the sky is dark and gray. Mostly I just sleep. A lot. And wake up when it's time to get ready for work.

The past few days have been exceptionally difficult for me, I've been neglectful to my body and the rest it desperately needs. My depression is always worse when I'm tired. Even the soft sounds of my husband sleeping peacefully do little to soothe my loneliness. I often find myself thinking thoughts I am too ashamed to put into words and eventually, out of sheer exhaustion cry myself to sleep.

Today I felt a crash coming. Hard. And after being awake for way too many hours I did crash, waking up only a few minutes before Heavenly got home from work.

I opened the door feeling ashamed that I'd wasted an entire day in bed, again. And there, to my surprise, was my sweet husband with a bouquet of sunshine yellow tulips.








Heavenly Father sent me this wonderful man to bring sunshine into my world when skies are gray. And for that I will be eternally grateful.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a sweetie! You two are so great together. Those moods are awful and to have someone who understands what you need...absolutely wonderful!

Love ya Val!

Heather said...

I love Ben! And I love you! And I love yellow tulips!

Sorry you haven't been feeling well or happy. Please remember how wonderful you are and how much you're loved.