Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thank Heavenly for a sense of humor!

I told you there would be more baby drama to follow...

I had two ultrasounds a couple of weeks ago, I guess trying to get a better look at why my body is retarded. A nurse finally called to tell me the results, they were supposed to get results the next day or Monday.... 2 weeks is close though, right?

P.C.O.S., for anyone who doesn't know what that is, it stands for Poly-cystic-ovary-syndrome. It basically means I have cysts on my ovaries and my hormones are all out of whack! (Heavenly can attest to the out of whack hormones, I don't know how he puts up with me crying all the time!) Other symptoms for this include, but are not limited to: depression, multiple miscarriages, difficulty getting pregnant; ie infertility, weight gain, difficulty losing weight, obesity on the upper half, abnormal hair growth, and male pattern baldness.

I met Heavenly at the door with my news. I told him about all of the symptoms and of course cried because I'm just frustrated with one more thing preventing me from having what I want. (And because I cry no matter what emotion I may be experiencing at the time!) I started to rattle off symptoms to him in no particular order. "Weight gain, difficulty losing weight, obesity in the upper body, namely the stomach, male pattern baldness, increased hair growth on the face, chest, stomach and back..."

He interrupted me and said, "Hey, I think I have that!"

After a comment like that I could no longer cry, I laughed so hard! And every time I think of it I smile. So, thank Heavenly for having a sense of humor and making me laugh at a time when I dearly needed it!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That Heavenly, what a guy! Regan has this too! She didn't find out all that long ago but they put her on meds and she is starting to lose weight. Along with her brain tumor thing she was all messed up but is starting to get straightened out.

I don't mean to make light of it, at all, but I just want to say that at least their is a name and reason. When we found out what was wrong with Jake I was so glad to know SOMEONE had it too and it wasn't some weird thing no one could figure out.

You and Heavenly are great for each other! You both crack me up!

Lisa said...

That sounds like him! That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to find out what is going on. Is it something that can be treated? Will you need surgery? Let me know if you need anything at all! I'm good at ice cream and cheesecake runs! Love ya Val!

Heather said...

Oh that made me laugh out loud, and then all the kids came in to see what I was laughing about. I love that guy, especially because he does such a good job at keeping you sane.