Friday, February 6, 2009

Just when I thought I'd heard it all

Dispatcher: "911 what's the address of your emergency?"

Caller: "Oh this isn't an emergency, I've been calling the police department but no one answered."

Dispatcher: "What's the problem?"

Caller: "Oh there's no problem, I just wanted to let the officers know they can get a free Grand Slam if they come into Denny's tomorrow between 6AM and 2PM."

Seriously, I thought I'd heard every stupid reason for calling 911, but it seems as though stupid people never cease to be stupid!

I can't wait, on my last day when they call 911 for a non-emergency, or say they "just couldn't find the non-emergency number." On that day my reply won't be the patient "How can I help you?" or "No problem, here's that number." Instead they'll be shocked to hear "You know there's an incredible invention they came up with a few years ago, Google, maybe you've heard of it." Or perhaps "Have you ever heard of a phone book?" "So, what part of being unable to find the non-emergency number made THAT an emergency?"

Whew, I can't wait for that day!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! I've been wanting you to write silly 911 stories here.

I'm so tempted to call 911 when I'm at home and you're working and come up with something really dumb to say.

Sarah said...

Hahaha! I heard one on Jay Leno where the lady had just had a policeman at her door she thought was cute and she wanted him to come back so she could ask him out! Nice.