Tuesday, March 2, 2010

10 Things someone loves about me.

I've been fighting the ugly depression monster lately, for quite some time really. My thyroid levels are elevated and so they've adjusted my dose. Again. And my doctor even suggested that I start back on anti-depressants. I'm not happy with that prospect and I appreciate that she left the decision ultimately up to me.

Apparently I haven't been very nice to myself lately because I got an email from my mom after one of my posts. I love her! She just gets me, she sees the best in me she knows who I really am. From now on I'm going to start doing a regular post that contains at least one good thing about me. For now, here's what she had to say:

Hi! Just read your blog. I don't know how to add a comment. I know, I know, I drive you crazy because I am so computer illiterate.

Okay, so I think, why would you want to run away from beautiful, wonderful you? I think you really want to run away from sick and miserable you. So I think you need to tell me 10 nice/good things about you. Remember when you and Jared were little and were so snotty to each other and I would make you say something nice about each other? Well, this is a version of that. Quit dwelling on the negative. Tell me 10 nice things about yourself - you know kind of like "name 10 fruits"!!!!!

Okay, so I'll tell you 10 things I love about you. If you can't add to my list, you can use some of my things.

1. You are beautiful - physically & emotionally.

2. You can think of the words that I can't! Better vocabulary - better memory.

3. You are kind to others.

4. You are thoughtful of others.

5. Your are nurturing. You take care of everyone - even your brother who probably doesn't deserve it. You take care of me and I do deserve it!

6. You are funny and witty and fun. Is that one thing or three?

7. You are smart. I am amazed at all that you know; about life, about people & relationships, about book smart stuff, about the scriptures. Oh, and you know more about computers than me.

8. You are spiritual - yes, you are - don't try to deny it.

9. You are loved - by your parents, your siblings, your niece and nephews, your aunts, uncles, cousins, cousin's wives, friends, co-workers, past co-workers, ladies in the 14th ward, and just about everyone that comes in contact with you.

10. You are spunky and irreverent. I know it sounds like that is contrary to #8, but it seems to work in you. You are such a fun mixture of sweet and sour, soft and strong.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree with your awesome Mom! I wanted to add a couple myself. You are talented in the kitchen (woo-woo!) in ways I can only imagine. Look at your wonderful creations.

Your laugh is highly infectious. I still hear it and love it!

Sometime that depression bug sneaks up on us. Just know you aren't alone and you have a GIANT support system.

You are everything and more. Don't forget we do all LOVE you!

Our Crazy Family said...

Ah the ugly Depression monster. I too suffer from depression. I hate when I can't see anything good in myself and I hate the fact that I have to survive on Medication. Trust me though, I know and my family knows that without my meds I am the Monster.

You are awesome. You showed me support when I was going through my trials in October and I didn't even know you except through my brother. That is an AWESOME Trait! How great that you can be a good friend to someone you have never met. I really have appreciated your friendship.

I know that sometimes it feels like the world is out to get you. I have been there and revisit a little too often. I hope that you feel better soon.

Cynthia

JAMIE said...

I'm with your wonderful mom on this one. She's right. You are beautiful, funny, witty, sensitive, caring, and all around, just pretty amazing. I feel blessed to have you in my life. You always make me feel loved. I only want lots of happiness for you!