Saturday, December 6, 2008

An angel among us


I just finished reading an email from my friend "Red" who is currently volunteering for about a month and a half in Uganda Africa. She's working at an orphanage/school teaching english. On the map you an also see Tanzania, where she worked for 2 months last year in another orphanage. This girl is the most amazing person I know! Every day off was spent working overtime to save money and earn enough leave to go on the trip. Not only did she pay her way to get there, she also bought Christmas presents and supplies for the little children.

This is either her third or fourth service mission this year alone, volunteering with OpSmile to help those in third world countries receive new faces and a new lease on life. As if that's not cool enough, in January before she comes home, she is headed to Rwanda to go gorilla trekking. Honestly, I can't even begin to tell you all how lucky I am to know her, or how lucky we all are that there are people like her. I just wanted to give her props for being such an amazing woman!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is incredible, I think it would be great to do something like that but then reality hits me. It definitely takes a special person to do that. Way to go!