Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm better than you!


Here is my husband Heavenly Hunk and my adorable, fireball of a nephew Mashuga. As you can see they just fit, like pieces of a puzzle. They're both superheroes searching for their powers. Apparently Heavenly Father told both of them that someday He will even turn each of them into He-Man.

Mashuga was playing on the computer at my parents' house on Thanksgiving. Heavenly asked if he could play. Mashuga said (without taking his eyes off the screen or missing a beat) "No, it's too hard for you. It's hard for me and I'm better than you." So, with all the maturity of a 26 year old boy, Heavenly responded, "Fine, then you can't play my X-Box! It's too hard for you. It's hard for me and I'm better than you!"

It was hard enough not to laugh at the story alone, but Heavenly's pouting face put me over the edge! Heavenly admitted it made him a little sad that Mashuga wouldn't let him play with him. I don't think he knew how to react, his little friend had never talked to him like that before.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

When you find a good buddy it's hard. That's a funny story! Kids today do know quite a bit more but it's great he didn't miss a beat!

Jen Nelson said...

Oh geez! K, I love that your hubby is Heavenly Hunk!! Sorry it made him sad - he just needs more practice!

Necia and Joe Shumway said...

I didn't even know you had a blog. Shows how in the loop I am. I am glad you do.