Monday, December 1, 2008

Bah Humbug!


Perhaps it's the warm weather, or the lack of snow. Perhaps it's the fact that Christmas music has been playing in stores and on the radio since just after Halloween. Or maybe it's that for our 2nd Christmas together and the 2nd year in a row I'll be stuck in a dark, 20'x12' dispatch room for 12 hours. Yes, I'll be answering calls of people who are fighting with their loved ones, instead of loving and enjoying them where I so desperately long to be. The Christmas spirit isn't coming easily for me this year. I've contemplated not even putting up a tree. (Don't worry Mom, I'll put one up!!)


Should I take the 3 hours and put up my lovely but monstrous artificial tree? Or give myself and my husband a break and buy a much smaller real tree? It's still early, so I'll keep shopping for presents and doing holiday activities that only come around this time of year. And as much as I dread driving in it, I'll hope for snow to bring with it the Christmas spirit!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We don't usually get snow until AFTER Christmas. All Superbowl Sunday it snowed last year and we had to go and clean off our dish...not cool! And it stuck around for like 3 days.

Sorry you have to work. Go and make some yummy sugar cookies and take them around and remember it's not just the day but the meaning behind it.

Love you Val!

Jen Nelson said...

You're cute! I'm stalking you from Kenna's blog. I'm such a scrooge. I'm hoping to get in the holiday spirit this year.

My hubby is an EMT so I feel your pain with the whine-11. Are you serious people?