Thursday, March 12, 2009

ATTENTION PARENTS!!

If you think your children are safe from drug dealers, you need to think again. I have included some pictures taken from a local news website of examples of Ecstasy tablets. Clearly the cartoon characters, super hero logos and bright colors are not aimed at enticing adults. If a drug dealer approached your 5 year old on the play ground, they would probably not accept a cigarette or a joint. But which child wouldn't grab a handful of bright green Ninja Turtles, Transformers or yellow Bart Simpsons? Don't do yourself or your children the disservice of assuming these drugs were found in another state far away; they weren't recovered in California or New York. These pictures were found in Utah, right here in our back yard.

Take a moment, look at the pictures, see how similar they appear to popular children's vitamins like Flintstones. Talk to your children. Re-educate yourself and your children on what drugs look like and about the importance of saying "NO!" anytime you are approached by a stranger.

The following pictures including the story can be located at the following link:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=5830858


3 comments:

Trent and Janel Lyman said...

Hi Val, I'm sure you don't even remember me, I'm Kenna's neighbor. I love reading your blog, I hope you don't mind. You have such a way with words and expressing yourself, it's a talent that I lack for sure!
So...this whole drug thing is so very scary. I cannot even believe that people would think to make them into candy looking substances to attract MY child. It kinda makes me angry. Did you see the date line, or was it 20/20, special about drug dealers making in look just like chocolate bars? Cocaine, Meth, Heroine, all of it nicely wrapped into something that looks like a candy bar. What has this world come too?!
Anyway, your awesome, thanks for sharing your thoughts in such wonderfully worded ways. I'm so sorry for your struggles, it makes my heart break when I see such wonderful women struggle to achieve their dreams to be a mother. Good luck!

Jen Nelson said...

Are you kidding me with this?? Freak! We have had the 'don't do drugs' talk with our son, but not the 'don't take anything that looks like it might be something else'? He knows not to take anything from strangers but what if his friend says, 'hey look at this cool transformer candy I got, want one?'

I just gave myself a panic attack. Sweet.

Sarah said...

I have been teaching Jadyn "if it's not wrapped and I don't see it, don't touch it" but with Kai it's hard to even get the "chew your food first" talk. Kids are stronger today but it's for a reason. This crap is happening!