Sunday, March 15, 2009

Who I am.

I am a child of God. I am a wife. I am a daughter. I am a sister. I am an aunt. I am a friend. I am a lover. I am a fighter. I am strong. I am gentle. I am beautiful. I am intelligent. I am funny. I am a protector. I am loud. I am happy. I am stubborn. I am loyal. I am a woman.

There are several more attributes which could be added to this list. I am many things.

Heavenly and I have been trying to conceive. Because we have been trying consistently for more than a year without becoming pregnant or sustaining a pregnancy, the medical world calls me infertile. Infertility is a condition I struggle with, it is not who I am and I refuse to be defined by it!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It's not who you are! Jake has MD but we don't let it define us. It's a trial that sucks for both of us Val. I agree completely with your list. You are human and every crappy and wonderful thing that goes with it! Back in the day you may have chosen a different word...but I will always love ya'! :p

Lisa said...

That's one of the most excellent things I've heard in a long time! I'm glad you know who you are, because the rest of us certainly don't look at you and automatically think "infertility". We just think, "Hey, it's Val!"