Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mmm.. donut!

Especially for Sarah...

Last year for my 25th birthday my Aunt Marsha gave me these ginormous donuts, because she's awesome and knows that I love them as much as she does! After having surgery when I was 6 she brought a glazed donut and a yellow vase with a single yellow carnation made into a smiley face with pipe cleaner for its eyes and mouth. When I broke my ankle she brought me donuts.

I still love them, which probably explains a lot about why I look the way I do!

In high school English class we were asked to write a paper, I think it was for a core writing test, but it's been long enough I can't remember exactly what the assignment was. One of the boys, son of the owner/baker at the donut shop in my home town, decided he would write about donuts. I'm sure he thought it would be easy, considering he knew so much about them. Or did he?

After announcing to the whole class the seemingly simple topic of his paper, he began to question (out loud) "What can I write? I don't know what to say."

In my mind the answer was simple and obvious. I turned to my group of friends and in a voice loud enough for all to hear exclaimed, "Dang dude, they're donuts, they're delicious!" My friend Sarah and I laughed until we cried...

...and still do every time we repeat the phrase.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It was freakin' hilarious!! I do still laugh. I said it once to my kids (they love donuts on Saturdays) and Jake just looked at me like I was insane. I still laugh when I see a donut. You give me a good laugh Val. Oh, the fun times we had doing busy work in English.