Friday, January 9, 2009

A new Dawn

Recently my friend's sister got very sick unexpectedly. She fought long and hard through seizures and medically induced comas, through brain surgery and a tracheotomy. She fought hard and we wanted them to keep fighting to keep her. In the end she was stronger than we thought, and no matter how hard we fought to keep her here, she made a decision to be stronger and leave us. She was just 18.

Heavenly Father has a funny way of renewing life. Candice found out a few months before her sister's illness that she was expecting her 4th baby. I've wondered many times why she's going to have another, she has her hands full with cute kids already. Then I wondered if Heavenly Father might have planned it all along because he knew she would need something extra to focus on after losing Jess. Something to look forward to in times when she feels like all is lost.

This morning she is getting ready to welcome Crystal Dawn into the world by way of C-section. At least that will be her first name if Candice has her way. Dawn was Jessica's middle name. I believe her sweet baby literally will bring new dawn to her grieving family.

How can I not trust such a wise and loving Heavenly Father? Why must I always question His intentions? I am grateful for a Father who is infinitely more wise than I am, who does what's best for me even when I fight so hard against it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Candice as in CANDICE?? I am so sorry to hear about this!

Good luck to her with #4--WOW! It's great you are still in touch and can be there for her. I need to get in contact with her somehow.

Jen Nelson said...

This was beautiful. You never know what Heavenly Father has planned - all we know is that it is perfect.

He has a perfect plan for you too!