Monday, April 27, 2009

It's like chocolate cake for my ears!

For some reason I've been singing/humming Hootie and the Blowfish for several weeks. Luckily the radio has had no shortage of their songs. There was one in particular that I wanted to hear so I went to youtube. Typically I don't watch the cover videos because a great deal of them (see my previous post for a prime example!) are just painful. However, I was curious about this cute guy with his guitar.

This is just one video of many and I promise if you look up the rest of his videos you will not be disappointed!! His name is James Dupre, www.myspace.com/jamesdupremusic, or you can find him on youtube.com like I did. I've been listening to him over and over for the last few days. His voice is amazing, I'm super jealous because everything he sings looks absolutely effortless. I hope you enjoy him as much as I have.

4 comments:

Heather said...

He has a fantastic voice. You weren't kidding. Very country kind of voice.

When you told me to watch this I thought it would be a repeat of the experience with the last video you posted. Didn't think I could handle that kind of pain again. :)

BTW, my word verification is knotimp. Maybe we need to go hike Timp or something. Obviously we're missing something.

I really think these word verifications have hidden messages.

Val'n'Ben said...

It's not "no timp," it's "knot imp!"

Seriously watch his other videos, such a great voice! He sings a bunch of country songs and a variety of others too. There are a couple of songs he's written as well so clearly he's more talented than just voice.

I was skeptical about the hootie and the blowfish song because of the country voice. Darius Rucker is singing country now though.

Lisa said...

Wow! That's even better than chocolate cake...that's like cheesecake for my ears! That voice could serenade me anytime!

Emnacnud said...

This is Joe Emily's husband and I'm sorry but that isn't that kid singing. Unless he has a reverb component on his microphone which he just happens to initiate after his intro speech and when he starts singing. Hear the echo, yeah that is something they add in a sound studio or is natural when performing in a large hall. Besides his voice tone quality changes between this Hootie song and his other posts on youtube. Besides when the actual singer hits higher notes and has to stretch their throat to get there this modern day Millie Vanillie doesn't even adjust his posture and throat positioning to look like he hit those high notes. Sorry ladies, this guy is just another 4 trying to be a 10 by piggy backing off of someone else's awesome voice.