Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Missing another me


For some reason an apartment popped into my head. It's across the street from the Cathedral of the Madeline in SL, and it had no corners. Seriously, all the would-be corners where walls and ceilings met were completely rounded. It was a little creepy at night and quirky and beautiful in its own way. It belonged to my friend Annie. Whatever made me think of those rounded corners made me think of Annie and made me miss her fiercely.

I don't regret being married to Heavenly, I'll never regret that, how could I? I sometimes miss being single just because I miss my single friends. What I want is to have both worlds, to have my adorable, hard working, spoils me rotten husband and everything that he brings to my life.... and have it somehow fit nicely with my fun-loving, go anywhere, do anything, sometimes wild and crazy single friends.

I'm afraid I've been a bad friend to Annie and maybe that's why I miss her so badly. She used to call when she was in town, but I guess after so many excuses of why I couldn't spend time with her she decided to stop calling. So I miss the freedom that goes along with the single life, where I don't have to coordinate my schedule with anyone else's and I don't have to consider anyone else when I decide how I'll spend my time. I miss the freedom that I would never trade for the security and different freedom I have now.

I wish those two versons of me could co-exist. I wish I could find out how to be married and spend every waking moment with my husband because even that is never enough; and still have time for my friends and playing like I used to do.

1 comment:

JAMIE said...

It will be better once you two are not working such odd shifts and pulling overtime with school. Give Annie a call, and go out this weekend!

Heavenly will be all the more happy to see you when you get back. :)