Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bake Sale

Today there was a bake sale at our work in order for the incentive committee to raise money for our summer party. My mom decided it would be fun to make some more pupcakes. They're so cute and easy, but time consuming and make your hand hurt from all that piping. So after a dozen of them we decided to do something different with the other dozen. I made cute sunflowers by piping sunny yellow petals and filling the center in with mini-chocolate chips.


I also made a giant cupcake. When I couldn't figure out how to decorate the whole thing I decided I'd make a giant Hostess cupcake. I scooped out the center and filled it with whipped cream, then frosted the whole top chocolate and did cute white swirls across the top. Kenna suggested last time I made a giant cupcake that I should put something next to it to show how big it is, so I put the regular Hostess cupcake next to it. Problem is, if you hollow out the center of a cake and fill it with whipped cream you need to put something over that hole. Whipped cream is obviously not a strong enough base for frosting.

With baking you live and learn.... and you get to eat your mistakes! (clearly I make a lot of mistakes!)


2 comments:

kenna said...

YUM! YUM!

Me likey.

Sarah said...

Those look so yummy!!