Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just call me I.P. Orangeley

I woke up at 3:30 in the morning Monday morning, randomly. There was nothing out of the ordinary about that or the fact that I laid in bed and read my book instead of going back to sleep like a normal person would. However, I realized after a while that I felt anything but normal.

For the last couple of days of my weekend I felt nauseated and had a horrible headache, but just figured it stemmed from staying up too late and lack of sleep. Nausea gave way to a urinary tract infection and all its miserable glory!

I've finally learned my lesson about waiting to take care of it after several UTIs turned to horrific kidney infections, the last resulting in my miscarriage last November. So I got into the doctor first thing and got antibiotics and that sweet little brown pill that makes your pee look like orange Kool-aid or Tang.

When our friend found out the medicine has the interesting side effect of altered urine color, he was sorely disappointed at it being spring and therefore no snow on the ground. (Boys!) Whatever silly side effect, I was grateful that its other side effect is that my pain went away and I could finally cope.

It's 3:45 Wednesday morning, again I can't sleep, but at least it's not frequent/painful urination keeping me awake this time.

No comments: