Friday, May 22, 2009

And by the way...you have E. Coli

The nurse from my doctor's office called yesterday. She told me I have E. Coli. How strange is that? I went for a UTI and found out I have food poisoning. I guess this explains why I felt sick all weekend and am still not feeling up to snuff.

I was down and feeling sick both Friday night and Saturday day, so I can't even blame McKenna for choosing Joe's Crab Shack for her birthday dinner. Darn it! You know I love you Kenna, I've never stepped foot in there for anyone else!

Luckily the doctor seems to think that the antibiotics I'm already taking for the other infection should knock out the E. Coli too. Perhaps my body has sort of malfunctioning reject chip that causes it to get strange illnesses no one else around me seems to get. I thought I should be grateful for the UTI since it's how I found out about the E. Coli, until I read on the CDC website that some strains of E. Coli can actually cause them.

3 comments:

kenna said...

Phew, I was about to feel really bad because we'd have to boycott Joe's. This would be a sad day, as J and I totally dig crab.

You are a trooper though, for coming anyway. Next year I'll choose somewhere better...

Let's go to dinner with the boys soon. We can drown our sorrows in Coke...the drink-able kind...

JAMIE said...

I often get UTI's caused by a myriad of bacteria, e. coli is one of them.

Here's hoping you feel better soon! MacroBid always knocks out my infections wtih e. coli.

Val'n'Ben said...

MacroBid is what he prescribed and originally said if I felt better in 3-4 days to quit taking it. I thought that was odd. But now that he knows the cause I've got to take it for the full 10 days.

I'd go to Joe's again for you Kenna. Yes let's have dinner very soon. I still owe you a giant cupcake too, I'm such a great slacker!